Excluding Own Traffic From Google Analytics
To create and implement filters in Google Analytics that accurately exclude internal traffic from your business, resulting in cleaner, more accurate data for analysis.
Your Google Analytics metrics will no longer be affected by internal traffic, providing a more accurate picture of genuine user engagement and website performance.
Prerequisites or Requirements
- Google Analytics Setup: Google Analytics must be installed on your website. If not, follow SOP 163 for setup instructions.
Why This Service?
- Data Accuracy: Excluding internal traffic is critical for maintaining the accuracy of your analytics data.
- Better Decision Making: Clean data leads to more reliable insights and informed decision-making.
- Improved Analytics Insights: Understand true customer behavior without internal usage distortion.
- Customized Filtering: Tailored filtering solutions to suit your specific business and internal traffic patterns.
- Ongoing Data Integrity: Ensures long-term reliability and integrity of your analytics data.
When to Use This Service
- Post Google Analytics Setup: Immediately after setting up Google Analytics on your site.
- New Employee or Location: When new employees or contractors are onboarded or if there's a change in your location setup.
- Regular Data Integrity Checks: Periodically, to ensure that the filters are up-to-date and accurately excluding all internal traffic.
Process for Excluding Internal Traffic
Internal Traffic Identification:
- Work with you to identify all possible sources of internal traffic, such as office IPs, employee home networks, etc.
Filter Creation in Google Analytics:
- Set up the necessary filters in Google Analytics to exclude identified internal traffic sources.
Testing and Validation:
- Test the filters to ensure that they are correctly excluding internal traffic without impacting genuine user data.
- Regularly review and update the filters as needed, such as when your company's IP addresses change or new employees are added.
Reporting and Analysis Adjustments:
- Adjust your reporting and analysis practices to account for the changes in traffic data post-filter implementation.
Training and Documentation:
- Provide training on understanding and maintaining these filters, along with comprehensive documentation.
Ongoing Support and Consultation:
- Offer ongoing support and advice for any future adjustments or issues with internal traffic filtering.